First things first: If you don’t like lemons, you will not like this dish, so turn away now. Now, for those of you still with me, I’ll tell you why you will like it: it’s creamy, buttery, and oh-so-lemony. Rich, roasted vegetables and pasta come together in a bright, summery sauce that’s perfect for you lemon-lovers. Toss in some chicken or shrimp for protein or add a side salad with a lemony vinaigrette to add a little oomph to this dish.
Prep. time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 8 oz. pasta of your choice (farfalle, penne, or medium shells would be a good choice—I used farfalle)
- 2-3 cups cauliflower florets
- 2-3 cups broccoli florets
- Approx. 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (just enough to lightly coat the broccoli and cauliflower)
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- Approx. 1/2 stick butter
- 2 tbsp. chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. garlic powder, or more to taste
- 1 tsp. thyme, or more to taste
- 1 tsp. white pepper, or more to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
This dish is very light, with a clean, bright flavor that’s perfect combined with the rich taste of the roasted broccoli and cauliflower. This is the sort of meal that you should enjoy while sitting out on the porch on a warm summer evening.